duminică, 16 noiembrie 2014

Adelaide




In the last few days...well, weeks,
I tried to draw you with words,
But something was strange, off;
And just like the sound of broken chords

All I got were pieces of what I thought
Was you but never complete, nor completely true.
Just after that it hit me - the reason;
I realised I know almost nothing about you.

Beside the fact that your eyes glow
With what they call the last shade of blue,
And that your smile resembles the shine of the moon;
I got nothing about you, not a single clue...

First, let's take the traits of your face
And how you render my attempts to read you to uselessness,
For I don't know how your poker face works
Nor do I know if it's a curse or a bless…

Have you ever looked behind while you walk?
To see how the dust doesn't just settle to settle behind you;
Instead, it kisses every one of your steps.
How do you make this world to follow the lead of your shoe?

You’re as unpredictable as the path of a falling leaf;
Always taken up by the wind across its spreading wings
To forgotten places which are not even written on maps;
Places that are special to you because of reasons and things.

At the end of the day I don't know what to make of your words,
Coz' they are few and full of riddles which I fail to solve,
And talking to you it's like a maze and I hold no golden thread,
But I pray that you'll still give me points solely on resolve.

So, tell me again what your smile draws
For I’m at a loss every time you're smiling at me,
And I may be on drugs coz' I see shapeless butterflies
In the corner of your eyes and just like you, they are ready to flee.

Finally, I don't know what to make of your kiss,
Or why you kissed me back when I went for your lips;
With that being said, I confess that it's driving me nuts
How your silence, one by one is drowning my ships.

Although I must admit that I enjoy a good mystery
Such as you; please try not hold it against me;
The fact that I try to figure you out aided by wine.
So if you're kind, take a glass and come keep me company.

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu