duminică, 2 noiembrie 2014

Terref's



There are no more roses for you darling
For my garden only grows thorns lately,
I don't know if it's the air or the fault's in the water,
But I do think that it might be a matter of safety!

Remember Ettell'o, the last rose that I gave you?
The last of its kin with its leaves tainted blue…
Remember the dew that dripped of its petals,
Right on your lips while their time was still due?

Well, now it's gone...just like my poems are,
But you probably didn't notice that either.
You never seemed to see just how far one hand
Can scribble words while looking for a breather.

'Coz even words need to breath and mine developed an addiction
To your cursed smile, forsaking the light that I gave them,
Carving deeper and deeper into your sweet tender darkness,
with scents of jasmine and sharp edges of a shining gem.

The sad thing is that your gem never really shined out for me,
only for those you redeemed worth of taking your name on their lips
And your lips close to their ear for curses are never spoken out loud,
But in silence and you’ve even hidden some in the movement of those hips!

So, at the end of it all, one answer I couldn't figure it out...
One answer to a small question with a bigger meaning: "Why not?"
But maybe some things I'm not supposed to have, just like I have failed to have you;
And this puzzle made out of words - yours; and my heart, was all for naught.

Go on now, take this world in your hands and walk out that door
You never actually entered, just stood there, with your toe in the air,
Taking forever to decide if you'll enter or not and choosing the latter;
Meanwhile, I decided that I needed a new obsession so I bought ferrets, a pair.

0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu